Radiation – the ups and downs
In praise of radiation….
- It nukes the life out of any pesky cancer cells in the breast and/or armpit
- You get to listen to groovy music during your treatment
- Treatment sessions only take about 15 mins
- You get inked – not just one but 3 new tatts courtesy of the health service
- It’s the one treatment that won’t give you evil constipation
On the flip side…
- Treatment is every weekday usually for 3 weeks (15 sessions) or 5 weeks (25 sessions) depending upon intensity of treatment and cancer
- Your square boob tan rapidly can rapidly turn into a weeping, BBQ fest that’ll have you swearing like a sailor
- Approximately 2 weeks after your last treatment you’ll physically feel like you’ve been hit by a train – when they say mild fatigue they mean bloody exhausted!